Cycling is a matter of culture, education, application and passion. In short, cycling is a philosophy. For us indeed. So we bothered a great of the literature because we are sure that even Marcel Proust somehow was in love with cycling. So from today will start a column a Proust Q&A for cyclists, a selection of interviews to passionate cyclists, trying to understand what rattles in their head. On and off bike.
Haimar Lopéz Heguzkiza
place: San Sebastian Spain
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Nothing is perfect, but my perfect happiness comes to be able to enjoy my own situation and try to improve it.
2. What is your greatest fear?
My own and beloved suffering, not being able to afford that pain.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in people?
Some kind of egoism sometimes.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
The others are not really my bussiness so mainly to disturb me while i am enjoying 😂
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Is not about one, but those who give their life to help others, forgetting about their own, usually absolutely anonymous people.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
My own cycling passion is quite eccentric.
7. What is your current state of mind?
Good and happy.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
There are many overrated virtues, like power in business, or having money, or being faster or stronger in a sport…. all those are not really important values…. the good ones are usually not that but love, gratitude, sensibility…all those who has those virtues are rich ones!
9. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
😂😂… my hands? 😂😂😂
10. Which living person do you most despise?
Those ones who generate wars, pain, fears or those ones who could do something get things better and they are don’t do.
11. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Mmmm… i am coming in 5 minutes…..😋
12. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My relation with my grandpa was fascinating, we loved each other more than nothing…. but family love too of course.
13. When and where were you happiest?
Difficult to answer not mixing different level things like work/study moments or sport moments or family emotional moments…. hopefully I have some and iìI hope more to come.
14. Which talent would you most like to have?
15. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
At that time I accept myself how I am, so I’m not really worried about this.
16. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To be able to live with my own money and life style, and always find the way to enjoy on the way. I think I worked my chances to do this.
17. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I would like to be a woman…😊
18. Where would you most like to live?
San Sebastián is a beautiful amazing place but I do love so much discovering places …. maybe New Zealand or Australia….
19. What is your favorite occupation?
20. What is your most marked characteristic?
21. What do you most value in your friends?
Honesty and respect.
22. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Quite far from historical people… I am quite a nowadays person.
23. Who are your favorite pro cyclists?
Like strong guys, in the past Araham Olano, Tom Boonen, Mussew. Actual riders: Peter Sagan, Tom Dumoulin.
24. Who are your heroes in real life?
Quite anonymus people…
25. What is it that you most dislike?
Mainly the lack of respect of some people…
26. What is your greatest regret?
I don’t like thinking too much about this but maybe I failed with some people and decisions… well, is what it is…
27. Pre ride tea or coffee?
28. Toast or cake?
29. What about caffeine?
A bit please.
30. Gloves long or short or no gloves at all?
No gloves … only when is really cold.
31. What you wear before helmet or shoes?
32. Socks under or over pants?
33. Sunglasses under or over helmet straps?
34. Any lucky charms, stuff or ritual?
….😇… some perfume please.
35. What is your motto?
No real motto, just me! Love cycling, nature and that amazing freedom feeling… are the essential things.